Chennai, NFAPost: TVS Motor Company on Monday said that it has registered a sales growth of 27% in July 2020 with 2,52,744 units compared to 1,98,387 units in June 2020.
In July last year the company registered sales of 2,79,465 units. While total two-wheeler registered sales of 2,43,788 units in July 2020 as against 265,679 units in July 2019, domestic two-wheeler registered sales of 1,89,647 units in July 2020 as against 208,489 units in July 2019.
Motorcycle registered sales of 1,06,062 units in July 2020 as against 108,210 units in July 2019. Scooter sales of the company registered 78,603 units in July 2020 as against 1,05,199 units in July 2019.
The company’s total exports registered sales of 62,389 units in the month of July 2020 as against 69,994 units in July 2019. Two-wheeler exports registered sales of 54,141 units in July 2020 as against 57,190 units in July 2019. Three-wheeler of the company registered sales of 8,956 units in July 2020 as against 13,786 units in July 2019.
The company in its filings to BSE recently said that pursuant to outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic and consequent lockdown announced across India effective March 25, 2020, it has decided to halt all manufacturing operations at its plants in India including branch offices in compliance with the directions of the government.
- The manufacturing operations at Indonesian plant was also halted in view of Covid -19 outbreak.
- The company is working closely with its dealers and suppliers and extends all support to them in the face of this unprecedented situation.
- It ensured safety and wellbeing of its employees and advocated work from home policy wherever possible.
- The company urged employees to adhere to the measures and they were assured of complete support for transition to new workplace arrangements in this unprecedented time.
- The ramp-up after lifting of the lock down was slow due to supply disruptions impacting the production.
The company last week posted a loss at Rs 139.01 crore for the quarter ended June 30. It had posted a net profit of Rs 142.30 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. It reported a revenue of Rs 1,434.3 crore in the first quarter of 2020-21 as against
the total revenue of Rs 4,469.8 crore in the quarter ended June 2019.