Bengaluru, NFAPost: A study undertaken by Sulekha.com, India’s leading AI-driven tech platform for expert services has unveiled interesting trends and insights about the service categories that have seen an increase since Unlock 1.0 started in June.
This study is based on visits and searches by nearly 125,650 users across Indian cities that landed on Sulekha in June, 2020 (June 1st – 30th).
Key findings of the study:
· During Unlock 1.0, the top 3 service categories that have seen a spike in online searches include Home Appliance Repair (11,042), Domestic Help (10,753) & Job Training (10,387). In some cities, domestic help is being allowed inside residential premises, which might have led to an increase in searches. Since many companies have laid off employees, this may have led to the surge in Job training searches.
· Delhi leads the demand for online searches of Home Appliance Repair and Job training while Bangalore leads the demand for Domestic Help Services.
· Online searches for service categories such as Paying Guests (8,263), Massage centers (7,879) and Packers and Movers (5,702) grew overall by 50% in comparison to May 2020.
· There has been significant increase in online searches for service categories such as School tuitions, Competitive exam coaching and Distance education. Closure of educational institutions across India may have led to the increase in these categories.
· With Unlock 1.0, there has also been an increase in online searches for Cleaning services and Diagnostic centers. Due to COVID-19, people want to sanitize their environment which might’ve led to the increase in cleaning services. Some categories that have also seen an increase in online searches include: Beauty Parlour services, Spa centers and Pet care services.
· The top 5 cities that are leading in online searches across service categories include: Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad followed by Mumbai and Chennai.
Commenting on the research findings, Sulekha Founder and CEO Satya Prabhakar said Unlock 1.0 has influenced some interesting trends in demand for services.
“Since the Unlock 1.0 has been announced, we have seen an increase in certain service categories such as Home Appliance Repair & Domestic Help. This is owing to the ease in restrictions by the government,” said Sulekha Founder and CEO Satya Prabhakar.
Due to the current scenario regarding the re-opening of educational institutions, Sulekha Founder and CEO Satya Prabhakar said the company also witnessed an increase in online searches for service categories such as School tuitions and Distance education.”]
Sulekha will share interesting insights on multiple Home, Office and Education related services as a part of a regular Trend Tracker.